Here’s what I wore today (with work-in-progress hair):
<< J.Crew gray 1035 jacket and pencil skirt in pinstripe Super 120s — Brooks Brothers non-iron tailored fit shirt — J.Crew spotted back seam tights — Cole Haan pumps — J.Crew pearl earrings and necklace — J.Crew cocktail ring >>
In shopping news, I celebrated the end of my self-imposed shopping hiatus in July with a new J.Crew order! Sadly, everything is going back except this t-shirt (which is soft, long, and fabulous!). I hate when that happens!! Here’s what I tried:
- Tie-neck top in dot: I can’t remember where I saw it, but I read a review of this top on a blog before it arrived. This lovely lady pointed out that the bow got lost in the pattern, and she was right. The top is also very boxy and short – it might work tucked in to a high-waisted pencil skirt but that’s about it. I love polka dots, but for $118 this was an easy return. (I’m currently wait-listed on the solid tie-neck top and hoping that I like it better!)
- Houndstooth sweatshirt: Oh man, I so, so, so wanted to love this!! This sweatshirt is what prompted my order. But again, it’s very boxy and way too short! I tried it on with a bunch of different things, and although I adore houndstooth, it just didn’t make the cut.
- Rugby-stripe boatneck top: Once again, very boxy and short. And I didn’t love the fabric; the linen/rayon blend was very scratchy and just looked kind of… cheap.
- Short-sleeve crepe top: Same as the others. Short, boxy, and the color is more yellow and dull in person.
- Factory classic chambray shirtdress: Another big disappointment! I’ve been eyeing this dress forever but the fit just did not work for me. It’s shapeless and with my curves, that just won’t work. I tried it with a few different sized belts but, alas, it’s headed back.
I’m bummed but I have (finally!) learned to only keep things that I love, and none of these items fell into that category. Oh well, I will live to shop again! 😉
Thanks so much for reading!